Old 18-09-2003, 02:32 PM
Iris Cohen

Default Jumping trees

Isn't it called intoxication?

Depends. He didn't mention what his state was when he drove into the tree.
Anyway, a great many alcoholics are actually self-medicated schizophrenics or
manic-depressives.

By the way, speaking of jumping trees, there is a condition called highway
hallucination which can occur in otherwise normal people who are sick or
overtired. I once got this while driving home very late at night while fighting
off an attack of flu. It was terrible. I kept seeing trees, bears, and hills in
the middle of the road. Thank God I didn't hit anything. I slowed to a crawl &
got home about 1 AM, but at least intact.

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)