Old 18-09-2003, 04:02 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Default white flowers

I planted blue Delphiniums and they grew tall (about a metre) and
strong.
At the end of the Summer (1998) I cut them back to ground level and left
them in. The next Spring (and every year since) they have come up white;
equally vigorous in growth and with a storm of blossom on them.
I wonder if I could influence them in some way to change colour again ?

Iris Cohen schreef
I would guess that you had two seedlings stuck together. When you cut them

back
to ground level (which you shouldn't have done; you should have left the

basal
leaves), the blue one probably died & a white one survived. If you want

blue
you will have to plant another one.
Iris,

+ + +
Seems like this is indeed just guessing.
PvR