Old 18-09-2003, 08:02 PM
Dave Sheehy

Default come on- bloom, will ya'? phal's and dend's....

Kevin ) wrote:
: Also, I have a very basic sort of question about my Dends. I got most
: of them from the local Lowe's dead and dying rack and brought 'em
: home. Most of them were a withered cane with few leaves, just past
: bloom. I brought 'em home, loved them, and all 20+ of them are putting
: on new growth like mad- all with new leaves on old canes, and all are
: putting up new canes. Even a few kekei's in the mix. The general rule
: is that Nobile Dends do not need the dry period, right?

No, they should be rested (i.e. have a dry period) after the new growth
matures.

: So I should
: stop watering most of mine (hybrids) and start again when I see flower
: buds? It has been amazing to see plants that looked like kindling
: burst forth with new growth.... And now I'm not supposed to water
: them?!?

If they're growing they should be watered. Sometimes though they don't
grow according to schedule. My nobile didn't send up a new cane until
somewhere around June this year. It'll be interesting to see how long
it takes for it to mature.

Dave