Old 18-09-2003, 09:03 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default white flowers

That is really an amazing anecdote but we cannot verify its authenticity
from here.

That's about as amazing as a "born again" virgin growing back her hymen.

In logic, there is something called "false cause". Check it out!!

BGGS wrote in message

"Iris Cohen" wrote in message
About some flowers, my books said "red (or purple, or blue),

sometimes
white". BRBR
Are they albinos ? BRBR

Not sure what you mean. I don't know of any plants which produce colored
flowers at the beginning of their flowering season and white flowers

later
on.
Iris,

I planted blue Delphiniums and they grew tall (about a metre) and strong.
At the end of the Summer (1998) I cut them back to ground level and left
them in. The next Spring (and every year since) they have come up white;
equally vigorous in growth and with a storm of blossom on them.

They seem a very reliable plant, with tough celery-like stalks and I've

seen
nothing eating them _yet_ so they don't suffer from too many pests.
I wonder if I could influence them in some way to change colour again ?