Old 18-09-2003, 11:58 PM
potatohead

Default sweet potato plant

Hello,

I wonder if there is any advice out there to revive an abused
sweet-potato plant?

I sprouted a sweet potato in water for a few weeks. It was lush and
healthy with long roots. Pressed for time, I bought soil at Home Depot
-- where I only found a bag of Miracle Gro for Vegetables and Gardens.
The sweet potato suffered heavily. The tuber got mush and the leaves
shrivelled. I had to put it outside because my partner reacted
strongly to the Miracle Gro as well.

It was a few days before I could get organic non-chemical soil and
replant the tuber. I washed the leaves and root, repotted it, and
returned it to its spot in the warm kitchen. Still, the sweet potato
is dying and this is sad.

Is there anything I can do to help it out? Any nutrients? Treatment?
I am an amateur (clearly) and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Liron