Old 18-09-2003, 11:58 PM
potatohead

Default sweet potato plant

Hello,

I wonder if there is any advice out there to revive an abused
sweet-potato plant?

I sprouted a sweet potato in water for a few weeks. It was lush and
healthy with long roots. Pressed for time, I bought soil at Home Depot
-- where I only found a bag of Miracle Gro for Vegetables and Gardens.
The sweet potato suffered heavily. The tuber got mush and the leaves
shrivelled. I had to put it outside because my partner reacted
strongly to the Miracle Gro as well.

It was a few days before I could get organic non-chemical soil and
replant the tuber. I washed the leaves and root, repotted it, and
returned it to its spot in the warm kitchen. Still, the sweet potato
is dying and this is sad.

Is there anything I can do to help it out? Any nutrients? Treatment?
I am an amateur (clearly) and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Liron
Old 19-09-2003, 04:04 AM
Bill Wilson

You need to pull the plant from the potato. Sweet potatoes are planted
using 'slips' which are the plants pulled from the potato. The potato that
the slips are taken from rot away in the soil.

om...