Old 19-09-2003, 12:14 AM
Diana Kulaga

Default come on- bloom, will ya'? phal's and dend's....

Kevin,

Regarding your Phals, most are annual bloomers, and the new spikes are
encouraged by cooler weather in fall and early winter, when you hope for a
temp differential in the area of 10 to 15 degrees, day to night. Once they
bloom again, if you treat them right you will have blooms for months. I
have one Phal that is still blooming (since last winter), and needs
repotting. I'm going to cut the spike down and put it in a vase. The plant
needs time to rejuvenate.

Nobile Dendrobiums need a winter rest, in most cases for a couple to three
months. When growth stops, deny water and fertilizer. If you grow outside,
as I do, don't worry about what nature gives the plants. Resume water and
food when new growth appears.

Hope this helps.

Diana