Old 19-09-2003, 12:39 AM
Wendy

Default Cut back Phal to where? Attn:-Tracey

Ah-ee-ay-ah (the unglossed version)? Reminds me of part of an old song:-
Oo ee oo ah ah, walla walla bing bang......?
Cheers Wendy
"Tracey" wrote in message
But we'll let the expert have the last word. Tracey,
where are you??

Oh, my! I'm an *expert*. Hehe

Okay, Reka's got it down pretty good. The only thing to
add is that the 'pronounce every letter' is very 'old'
Hawaiian. Current usage allows a little bit of glossing
over of some letters, especially when it's words that
are used a lot. So, a Hawaiian from 100 years ago
*might* have pronounced the word 'kay-ee-key', common
usage nowadays is 'kay-key'.

Anyone want to work out how you would pronounce the
town name Aiea?

Tracey