Old 19-09-2003, 05:02 AM
Madgardener

Default the answer is yes

instead of being envious DK, scour your neighborhoods for bags of raked up
leaves sitting beside the curb. Had I not turned down this road on my way
home and seen them piled high, I might not have stopped. But I passed them
only three times before I decided on my way home from work, I'd stop and ask
the owner if I could have them. The woman laughed and said I was the third
person who had stopped and asked to have those bags of leaves and she didn't
care. It would be first come first serve. Knowing this, I crammed every bag
I could into the back seat of the four door ford truck and bed of the truck
I could, totalling 29. She was amused. But on my way to work the next day
the remaining 9 bags I had to leave behind weren't there. The other persons
or person who'd stopped and asked before me had gotten the rest......I've
always taken bags of leaves, even when I lived in Nashville. I've composted
since 1974. g madgardener
"dkat" wrote in message
. net...
I'm envious. While cleaning out my backyard when I first moved here I

found
black plastic bags that someone had used to gather weeds/leaves and
forgotten about. I opened them up and discovered real treasure. Every

year
I wished I had enough leaves to compost this way buy I need them all to
cover my shade garden.
DK