Old 19-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Shiva

Default OT--Isabel

Daniel Hanna wrote:

In m Shiva wrote:
Seriously, we did not even have a power outage, though the winds and
debris hitting the house were scary.

Good luck, you guys... I saw the news pictures, which were pretty
dramatic. Hope you're some distance inland!

Thanks, Daniel, we are, but that doesn't always stop the hurricane-force
winds. This time it looks like Virginia and the DC area got it much worse.
In the morning light my property is a mess with limbs and small debris,
gutter caps missing from the house, but no rose losses, no house damage
and most roads are clear. Thank heavens we had not had any heavy rains
in the past ten days. They had in VA and that is why what they are seeing
is huge, healthy trees just uprooted, no cracks, and falling on houses
and cars. This is what Hurricane Fran did here.