Old 19-09-2003, 11:32 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default Isabel

So where were you in the path of Isabel, Danger Dave? Where is your HERE?

Your suburban yuppie problems were nothing compared to those who's houses
were destroyed, flooded out or who's cars and/or boats were swept away in
the floods that followed and continue.

At least you'll have plenty of firewood to last you through the winter or
two.

DavesVideo wrote in message
She passed thru here in the middle of the night with lots of wind and
rain. I had moved our cars so they weren't under the tree with dead limbs,

so
instead, a 20 foot apple tree uprooted on top of one car. A few scratches

but
no real damage and I spent 3 hours with a chain saw freeing the car. Also

lost
a big
24" diameter black walnut that is down by the river. That one will take

ages to
cut up, but it will be enough fire wood for 3 years.
Some of our neighbors didn't fare as well and one has a big tree

sticking
into their house. But I guess we are lucky, supposably the storm had lost

most
of it's steam by the time it got here.

Dave
http://members.tripod.com/~VideoDave