Old 20-09-2003, 12:26 AM
Ken

Default Bahia grass & irrigation

I am building a home in SW Florida and have contracted with the
builder to have bahiagrass sodded. I initially thought it would be a
good idea to have an irrigation system installed as the lot is on a
canal and I can pump water from it at no cost. After speaking to
several sod suppliers, I'm not sure if spending $3k on the irrigation
system and pump is a wise decision. It seems that bahiagrass is
low-maintenance and doesn't require much water. Also, over watering
during the winter months can be promote weed growthl. Does anyone have
any experience with residential use of bahiagrass and/or irrigation of
th same?

Thanks!