Old 20-09-2003, 01:22 PM
Loosecannon

Default Mulch

Hi Wanda,

I always use Soil World in Malaga they have trailers onsite which are free
to use with the mulch you buy. Similar pricing as well for the mulches but
no trailer hire. Wear your daggies and ask for a trade discount, it works
for me.

Trailer loads are 1 cubic metre. Which equates to 10 sq metres at 10 cm
depth. If you wet it down after mulching it shouldn't blow away that much.
But if we have winds again like last night I won't make any promises.

Oh and just as a thought black mulch is that colour because it has been
coloured that way. Not sure how they do it but suspect it is done with
colouring that brickies use to colour mortar. Have got the vegetable soil
mix they have in the past only to watch it turn in to grey sand, as if I
didn't have enough already!lol

Cheers

Richard

"Wanda" wrote in message
I stopped at a local soil/mulch place this afternoon to look at the prices
of mulch. There were a couple of different types that I liked, one called
Jungle Mulch & another called Black Mulch. There was a young guy serving

who
didn't really know his stuff & my questions were responded to with blank
looks. So... does anyone here know if either of these two blow away with

bit of wind? Also, how much would a trailer load cover? Is anyone here in
Perth & can recommend a good place to buy mulch? The place I stopped at

was
called Soils Aint Soils, the trailer load of mulch cost $39 with $30
delivery (!!). Maybe I should hire a ute...