Old 20-09-2003, 05:45 PM
Kathie Kathie is offline
Registered User

Location: Durham, NC
Default flower carpet roses?

Quote:
Originally posted by Katie

Does anyone have experience with flower carpet roses? They've been
recommended to me by a landscaper as low maintenance, natually disease
resistant, prolific blooming ground cover. Anyone know how these actually
work in the landscape? Are they a good plant? I'm in charge of renovating
the landscape at the entrance to our neighborhood and am considering this
plant.

Thanks,
Katie
Katie,
I love these roses (and they are about the only kind that I do!)
They grow low, to about 3-4 feet, and provide full-season color with little maintenance. They are also deer-resistant, if that is an issue for your area. They do not get black spot or other traditional rose problems, and grow easily. They are a wonderful colorful plant for the use you describe, and come in red, deep pink, and white which you can mix or plant in a one-color block for maximum imapct from a distance. I would heartily recommend them!