Old 17-09-2003, 07:02 PM
Katie

Default flower carpet roses?

Does anyone have experience with flower carpet roses? They've been
recommended to me by a landscaper as low maintenance, natually disease
resistant, prolific blooming ground cover. Anyone know how these actually
work in the landscape? Are they a good plant? I'm in charge of renovating
the landscape at the entrance to our neighborhood and am considering this
plant.

Thanks,
Katie

Old 19-09-2003, 04:24 PM
Lynne in NC

"Katie" wrote in message ...
Does anyone have experience with flower carpet roses?

They are very tough, prolific bloomers, and quite resistant to beetles
and mildew. They do well when they can ramble over a slope, as they
tend to be rather like low, loose piles in shape.

At our old house, I had them rambling over a tough to mow slope and
they were gorgeous. I need to find a good home for some at our new
place! I am an organic gardener, btw, and these roses were a breeze to
care for. I especially like the deep pink colored ones.

Have fun!

Lynne in SW Orange County
Old 20-09-2003, 05:40 PM
Registered User

Location: Durham, NC

Quote:
Originally posted by Katie

Does anyone have experience with flower carpet roses? They've been
recommended to me by a landscaper as low maintenance, natually disease
resistant, prolific blooming ground cover. Anyone know how these actually
work in the landscape? Are they a good plant? I'm in charge of renovating
the landscape at the entrance to our neighborhood and am considering this
plant.

Thanks,
Katie
__________________
Kat ~=^..^=~
Old 20-09-2003, 05:45 PM
Registered User

Location: Durham, NC

Quote:
Originally posted by Katie

Does anyone have experience with flower carpet roses? They've been
recommended to me by a landscaper as low maintenance, natually disease
resistant, prolific blooming ground cover. Anyone know how these actually
work in the landscape? Are they a good plant? I'm in charge of renovating
the landscape at the entrance to our neighborhood and am considering this
plant.

Thanks,
Katie
Katie,
I love these roses (and they are about the only kind that I do!)
They grow low, to about 3-4 feet, and provide full-season color with little maintenance. They are also deer-resistant, if that is an issue for your area. They do not get black spot or other traditional rose problems, and grow easily. They are a wonderful colorful plant for the use you describe, and come in red, deep pink, and white which you can mix or plant in a one-color block for maximum imapct from a distance. I would heartily recommend them!