Old 20-09-2003, 05:53 PM
Kathie Kathie is offline
Registered User

Location: Durham, NC
Question mysterious fast sprouting lilly!

Since the rain and blow of Hurricane Isabel, I have found several single-stem (no foliage) lily-type things growing in my shade beds. The flower is white tinged with pink edge and shaped like a small Calla. What are these? There is no plant base or leaf to help identify them, and I swear they just seemed to show up overnight! This is the first year I have owned the house, so they could be some sort of pre-planted fall bulb, but I'd love to know what. The stem is only about 12-14" high. Help?