Old 20-09-2003, 05:53 PM
Registered User

Location: Durham, NC
Question mysterious fast sprouting lilly!

Since the rain and blow of Hurricane Isabel, I have found several single-stem (no foliage) lily-type things growing in my shade beds. The flower is white tinged with pink edge and shaped like a small Calla. What are these? There is no plant base or leaf to help identify them, and I swear they just seemed to show up overnight! This is the first year I have owned the house, so they could be some sort of pre-planted fall bulb, but I'd love to know what. The stem is only about 12-14" high. Help?
__________________
Kat ~=^..^=~
Old 21-09-2003, 10:49 PM
Anne Lurie

Default mysterious fast sprouting lilly!

This is going to drive me nuts! I swear that I just saw a picture of
exactly the flower that Kathie describes in a catalogue I recently received.

I didn't find it in the Plant Delights catalogue, and I think the only other
one I got recently was Brent & Becky's Bulbs -- but, of course, I can't
find the catalogue!

Take a look at the website http://store.brentandbeckysbulbs.com/ maybe you
can find it there.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

--
Kathie

Kat ~=^..^=~

News==----

Newsgroups

=---

Old 22-09-2003, 05:26 AM
Raleighgirl

Is it a naked lady?
See
http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/hort/c...mar_bella.html
Jeny

| "Kathie" wrote in message
|
| Since the rain and blow of Hurricane Isabel, I have found
several
| single-stem (no foliage) lily-type things growing in my shade
beds.
| The flower is white tinged with pink edge and shaped like a
small
| Calla. What are these? There is no plant base or leaf to
help
| identify them, and I swear they just seemed to show up
overnight! This
| is the first year I have owned the house, so they could be
some sort of
| pre-planted fall bulb, but I'd love to know what. The stem
is only
| about 12-14" high. Help?
|

| --
| Kathie

Usenet
| News==----
| http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the
World! 100,000

Old 22-09-2003, 01:33 PM
Marcy Hege

Maybe a Colchicum that hasn't completed opening?