Old 20-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Shell91

Default Cypripedium Question

Depending on what temp they need and if we have a nice cold winter here for
longer than 3 days at a time the garage is also a possibility. I'll have to
put a large sign on it in the fridge to keep anyone from either trying to
eat it or throwing it out. At my house if it doesn't run fast enough it
gets eaten
Shell

"House of Paisley" wrote in message
Fair enough... good for you! Someone else will probably
answer you, but I would get one of those thermometers
and get the real temperature of your fridge. I have done
bulb forcing before and the fridge seemed fine for that.

Crystal

--
http://home.comcast.net/~xtals/orchid.htm
"Shell91" wrote in message
y.com...
Well, it was only $4 so I thought I would give it a shot So if it
shrivels up and turns brown on me no big deal I wouldn't have gotten

it
if it had been expensive.

Shell

"House of Paisley" wrote in message
Hi Shell! I am the last to discourage you from diving in
head first, but are you sure you want to get so complicated
so soon? Maybe you could start out with something
deciduous first, you can get he hang of these special
needs plants. Only because I think the cypripediums are
in general pretty pricey. I hope you don't take offense..
because I sort of started out the way you are.. some
simple stuff... then bam go straight for complicated. But
the complicated stuff I at least chose was inexpensive
enough that I didn't feel so bummed if I lost them.

Best of luck!
Crystal

--
http://home.comcast.net/~xtals/orchid.htm
"Shell91" wrote in message
y.com...
I know cypripedium need to be refridgerated over the winter.

Everything
have read though just says refridgerate. So, is this bare root or

in
the
pot, or maybe in a paper bag?

Shell