Old 21-09-2003, 12:32 AM
KrisW

Default hearty rosebush

Recently a landlord indiscriminately leveled all plants in our front
yard. I volunteered to relandscape the plot. The substantial and
proud rose bush was cropped nearly to the roots but now has produced 5
hearty new stalks the tallest already reaching 4 ft. The question is
whether I can pare these back before winter (I am in New York City) or
if I should let them grow at will until the recommended pruning at the
end of winter. Don't know exactly the species...still researching
this. Can tell you that they are small and compact deep pink
blossoms. Thanks for any info.

KW