Old 21-09-2003, 03:32 AM
Susan Erickson

Default Cypripedium Question

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 19:25:35 GMT, "Shell91"
wrote:

Depending on what temp they need and if we have a nice cold winter here for
longer than 3 days at a time the garage is also a possibility. I'll have to
put a large sign on it in the fridge to keep anyone from either trying to
eat it or throwing it out. At my house if it doesn't run fast enough it
gets eaten
Shell

Shell -
You are basically bulb forcing. So I believe that like bulb
forcing you need to pot it firs. I would for your hungry hoards
protection, put the pot in a bag - staple the bag and label it.

http://home.netcom.com/~vchilder/bob/orchidlist.html
Bob Childer used to grow them in New Orleans, with the help of a
dedicated refrigerator. They moved to Texas recently and I have
not seen him here. He has quite a bit of information on his web
site.

I hope this is helpful. Good luck.

SuE