Old 21-09-2003, 03:42 AM
Dwayne

Default when to separate iris's

John, I do it anytime after they quit blooming. The earlier you do it, the
better chance you have of getting blooms the following summer, otherwise I
have found that it takes mine two years.

One trick I have tried and found that it works, is to take the shovel blade
and put it in the center of the clump of risones, and cut it in half. I
leave half undisturbed and take out the other half and separate it. That
way I still get blooms the following year.

Dwayne

"jc" wrote in message
I live in Phila, PA area. When do I dig up and separate my iris's? Could
someone please direct me to a site on the web that gives instructions for
how to do this. Thanks.

John Clarke