Old 21-09-2003, 02:22 PM
Chookie

Default Mulch

In article ,
"Wanda" wrote:

I stopped at a local soil/mulch place this afternoon to look at the prices
of mulch. There were a couple of different types that I liked, one called
Jungle Mulch & another called Black Mulch. There was a young guy serving who
didn't really know his stuff & my questions were responded to with blank
looks. So... does anyone here know if either of these two blow away with a
bit of wind? Also, how much would a trailer load cover?

Er, wouldn't that depend on how thick you laid it? Just bought some bales of
compressed pea straw -- the advertising boasted that they would cover 10 sq m.
No depth given, of course...

Is anyone here in Perth & can recommend a good place to buy mulch?

I'm not in Perth, but a bloke at my Council is happy to dump a truckload of
chipped street-tree prunings in my front yard instead of taking it to the
depot. Free. Great for my native and front gardens.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"...children should continue to be breastfed... for up to two years of age
or beyond." -- Innocenti Declaration, Florence, 1 August 1990