Old 21-09-2003, 09:22 PM
Mogie

Default Looking for Bamboo in St. Lucie, Fl

Bob is probably right I was just a kid but remember the monthly
trimming....yuck!
Bob Johannessen wrote in message
newsj9bb.533098$o%2.233749@sccrnsc02...
Mogie wrote:
WE had bamboo that needed monthly cutting back. Not a little but it was

major job. This is very invasive. Avoid if possible. Nearly impossible

control.

Mogie,

Having grown many species of bamboo for over 15 years I can say that
there are _no_ bamboos that need monthly cutting back in order to
control them. Chances are you had Arundo donax, which a lot of people
mistake for bamboo. It is a true grass, not a bamboo.

Regards,

Bob