Old 21-09-2003, 10:49 PM
Anne Lurie

Default mysterious fast sprouting lilly!

This is going to drive me nuts! I swear that I just saw a picture of
exactly the flower that Kathie describes in a catalogue I recently received.

I didn't find it in the Plant Delights catalogue, and I think the only other
one I got recently was Brent & Becky's Bulbs -- but, of course, I can't
find the catalogue!

Take a look at the website http://store.brentandbeckysbulbs.com/ maybe you
can find it there.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"Kathie" wrote in message

Since the rain and blow of Hurricane Isabel, I have found several
single-stem (no foliage) lily-type things growing in my shade beds.
The flower is white tinged with pink edge and shaped like a small
Calla. What are these? There is no plant base or leaf to help
identify them, and I swear they just seemed to show up overnight! This
is the first year I have owned the house, so they could be some sort of
pre-planted fall bulb, but I'd love to know what. The stem is only
about 12-14" high. Help?

--
Kathie

News==----