Old 22-09-2003, 03:23 PM
Dave Painter

Default Tree Surgeon Cost ?

"martin" wrote in message
How much should i be paying for a tree surgeon? I've got two very large
Poplar Trees - one I want felling, and one I want cut to at least half its
height.

I've got two quotes: £700+VAT, and £350+VAT.

Why such a difference? I dont want to pay over the odds..and i dont want
some cheap cowboy either.

How busy are they?
If one is working flat out with no sign of a break for three months,
then I for one would add a 'premium' to your quote.
If you accept it then I work you in to the schedule and delay some of my
'less profitable' work.

Called the law of supply and demand.

But check that
1) They are both doing the same job. One could be leaving you to dispose of
old wood.

2) They are both fully insured

3) How many people/days they expect the job to take.

HTH

Dave