Old 22-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Tanya

Default phalaenopsis bud / spike question

thank you!
sincerely
Tanya

Claude wrote:

Hello Tanya!

When the spike is very long, like 12 inch and more, I do use a bamboo stick
ti support it.
Since yours is about 7 inch long and about 30 degree from horizontal, I
wouldn`t use one. But it all depend if you thunk that the plant seems to be
able to support it. Don`t forget in the wild, they don`t have stick!

For the horizontal or vertical, I let the plant decide which way is better
for her to show me her beauty!

Good luck

Claude