Old 21-09-2003, 06:22 PM
Tanya

Default phalaenopsis bud / spike question

hello,
phalaenopsis (in moss) have had 1 year which has grown a spike (~7
inches long) and has 2 buds!! (pink) (fairly large)
is it necessary to support the spike / flowers? (with a stick / stake?)
i am concerned about the well Fare of the plant
(in other words is it beneficial for the spike / flowers to be vertical
vs. semiHorizontal
(it's ~ 30 degrees from the horizontal)
and if so what do i use?
thank you

--
toAnswerSend2:userName:tjtmd
domain:attglobal.net

Old 21-09-2003, 07:02 PM
Claude

Hello Tanya!

When the spike is very long, like 12 inch and more, I do use a bamboo stick
ti support it.
Since yours is about 7 inch long and about 30 degree from horizontal, I
wouldn`t use one. But it all depend if you thunk that the plant seems to be
able to support it. Don`t forget in the wild, they don`t have stick!

For the horizontal or vertical, I let the plant decide which way is better
for her to show me her beauty!

Good luck

Claude

Old 22-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Tanya

thank you!
sincerely
Tanya

"Tanya" wrote in message
| hello,
| phalaenopsis (in moss) have had 1 year which has grown a spike (~7
| inches long) and has 2 buds!! (pink) (fairly large)
| is it necessary to support the spike / flowers? (with a stick / stake?)
| i am concerned about the well Fare of the plant
| (in other words is it beneficial for the spike / flowers to be vertical
| vs. semiHorizontal
| (it's ~ 30 degrees from the horizontal)
| and if so what do i use?
| thank you
|
| --
| toAnswerSend2:userName:tjtmd
| domain:attglobal.net
| separate these with the at sign

--
toAnswerSend2:userName:tjtmd
domain:attglobal.net
separate these with the at sign

to let spike or not to let spike? J Fortuna Orchids 15 05-12-2005 03:38 AM
My Phalaenopsis is growing ROOTS and not a SPIKE! Mike Orchids 28 02-11-2004 02:35 PM
spike spike spike J Fortuna Orchids 2 04-09-2004 06:43 PM
Phalaenopsis flower spike Jimmy Lloyd Orchids 1 25-07-2004 07:03 AM
Phalaenopsis flower spike Jimmy Lloyd Orchids 2 21-07-2004 11:04 PM