Old 22-09-2003, 04:22 PM
Vox Humana

Default Mailing rhizomes in the US

"Louis Ohland using a throwaway address!" wrote in
message ...

I'm awash in true Solomon's Seal. In places, almost as bad as violets.

Can I send some down to Tennessee without having the USDA bust down my
door?

Mail? UPS? I can pack them in a plastic bag that's been slitted,
enough shredded paper to insulate them. I've had them survive far worse
and come back the next year...

This is my experience. When you send plant material via UPS you have to
fill out a form that asks what you have in the box. If it is plants you
will probably have to supply a phytosanitary certificate. Without the
certificate the material can't be shipped to some states and the people at
UPS aren't going to take much time looking at the regulations. All they
know is that you have to have some sort of sticker. On the other hand, when
I send plant material via US mail they never ask what's in the box and
cheerfully accept the package. You could always send me a test package!