Old 22-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Louis Ohland using a throwaway address!

Default Mailing rhizomes in the US

I'm awash in true Solomon's Seal. In places, almost as bad as violets.

Can I send some down to Tennessee without having the USDA bust down my
door?

Mail? UPS? I can pack them in a plastic bag that's been slitted,
enough shredded paper to insulate them. I've had them survive far worse
and come back the next year...

--
Reply to me at louis little punctuation mark ohland with the same ISP
Old 22-09-2003, 04:22 PM
Vox Humana

"Louis Ohland using a throwaway address!" wrote in
message ...

I'm awash in true Solomon's Seal. In places, almost as bad as violets.

Can I send some down to Tennessee without having the USDA bust down my
door?

Mail? UPS? I can pack them in a plastic bag that's been slitted,
enough shredded paper to insulate them. I've had them survive far worse
and come back the next year...

This is my experience. When you send plant material via UPS you have to
fill out a form that asks what you have in the box. If it is plants you
will probably have to supply a phytosanitary certificate. Without the
certificate the material can't be shipped to some states and the people at
UPS aren't going to take much time looking at the regulations. All they
know is that you have to have some sort of sticker. On the other hand, when
I send plant material via US mail they never ask what's in the box and
cheerfully accept the package. You could always send me a test package!

Old 22-09-2003, 05:02 PM
Louis Ohland using a throwaway address!

What? Another person without Solomon's Seal? How barbaric. Do you all
try to plug computers into currant bushes as well?

See if Madgardener comes back up today.

--
Reply to me at louis little punctuation mark ohland with the same ISP

Old 23-09-2003, 04:02 AM
Madgardener

I'll take some.........send 'em postal...........my addy upon request when
you e-mail ME.......(all I have is the varigated variety and when I have
enough of them, I'll share if'n you wants some............) see? all it
took was a good block program that automatically deleted this crap, a good
soaker of a rainy day, as well as a day off to **** off the men in my house
with my femaleness, and I'm almost back to normal.......................
madgardener not as gone as you'd like to think...........g where the frogs
and toads are singing praises to the rain goddess
tonight..........................(it's still spitting rain, and it looks
like we got three inches!!!!)
"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote in message
.. .
Kinky!!!!

Sorry Tennessee.

Old 23-09-2003, 03:02 PM
Louis Ohland using a throwaway address!

From: "Madgardener"

Uh, I wouldn't put my in the clear email ANYWHERE in a message. This is
America, you can do just about anything you want, though.
Old 24-09-2003, 03:23 AM
Madgardener

I can't seem to remove it, so to hell with it. Everyone knows my e-mail
address anyway, so I can't get any worse than I've gotten g
madgardener tired of trying to fix the properties in my computer...........

From: "Madgardener"

Uh, I wouldn't put my in the clear email ANYWHERE in a message. This is
America, you can do just about anything you want, though.

[IMG] code is On

Iris rhizomes gasdoctor United Kingdom 1 02-11-2006 06:57 PM
Anyone trading/giving bamboo rhizomes? JNJ Bamboo 4 23-11-2004 10:55 PM
trading MOSO seeds with other bamboo rhizomes...... puiu Bamboo 4 19-04-2004 03:03 AM
Just a note on how AWESOME Schreiners iris rhizomes are Pelvis Popcan Gardening 1 22-08-2003 06:03 AM
Java ferns -no rhizomes redled Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 20-04-2003 06:16 AM