Old 22-09-2003, 05:32 PM
J. Del Col

Default Oak recovery

Mike Prager §§mprager@§alum.§mit.§edu wrote in message . ..
A live oak (Quercus virginiana) I planted about 3 yrs ago, now
about 7ft (2m) tall, was not completely uprooted, but slanted
to about 45 degrees, by Hurricane Isabel. I've reset and
staked the tree. I also gave it some superphosphate and
water. What else should I do? We have relatively warm
winters (at least until Jan 1 or so). Would it be helpful to
give it a little nitrogen, now or later? Or not until spring?

The only thing you did wrong was to fertilize it. You should have
waited until it resetablished itself.

Don't fertilize it until spring. It needs to redevelop its roots.

J. Del Col