Old 22-09-2003, 09:02 PM
simy1

Default preparing (tomatoes0 for first frost in Colorado Front Range

(Pat Kiewicz) wrote in message ...

When the predicted lows get below 40 degrees, I start to check for frost and
freeze advisories. On clear, still nights I can get frost at the bottom of the
yard even when the actual low is 37 degrees F.

I usually check theWeather Channel online for frost and freeze advisories. (Mind
the line wrap.)

http://www.weather.com/maps/activity...ezeadvisories_
large.html

I do the same, but one other thing I do is try to squeeze in seed
broadcasting or transplanting ahead of a rainstorm. Yesterday I seeded
the last arugula, spinach and tatsoi, and today we must have gotten
well over an inch (I am guessing 1.5). No reason going by a set date
if then you have to water every night - seeding ahead of a good soak
makes all the difference.