Old 22-09-2003, 11:02 PM
Andrew Ostrander

Default ahhhh the tally now is 598

I got this diagnostic message about one copy of the virus attachment. I'm
at least pleased to see that I'm in good company!
Andrew (aostrand)

RAV AntiVirus for Linux i686 version: 8.3.2 (snapshot-20020108)
-----------------------
HOL Antivirus results
-----------------------

The file (part0004:Patch8188.exe) attached to mail (with subject:Last
Microsoft Pack) sent by to ,
, , (and many more)
is infected with virus: Win32/NewMalware.gen!.
Cannot clean this file.
The file was successfully deleted by HOL AntiVirus.

"animaux" wrote in message
Eh, don't feel bad. A few weeks ago when that other worm thing was going

around
I was getting about 600 spams per day. We use Mailwasher, which I believe

is a
free version. My husband tried the pro version for a month and didn't

feel we
needed all the other bells and whistles, but it does trap a lot of spam

before
it gets into the mail program. Also, Zone Alarm, Spybot, etc...some of

these
things overlap, but some things are unique to other types of protection.

You
seem to get a lot of these things. It may be better for you to print off

a copy
of your email addresses and delete them from your address book. Add them

back
in, slowly over time.

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 05:59:43 -0400, "Madgardener"
opined:

so far I've filtered out 598 Microsoft, Administrator, Security,

Networking
andvarious bogus e-mails with over 149k in them as of yesterday

afternoon.
This is getting outa hand. I hope this asshole gets a case of the hot
screaming runs................all this just to get to my friends posts

and
the comics that comes daily.........sheesh.
madgardener tired of all this virus/worm mess...............and wishing

for
rain (the cracks in the yard are now over an inch wide)