Old 23-09-2003, 12:45 AM
Shell91

Default Cypripedium Question

Great got the peat moss today. Will go get the sand tomorrow when I go
curb shopping.

Shell

"Myrmecodia" wrote in message
om...
I see I dropped a critical "and" from my previous message. You can
buy peat moss AND sand at Lowes, but they will be separate. The peat
moss is compressed bales in the gardening section, and the sand will
be with the cement. In my area the general purpose sand is silica
sand that is suitable for use with terrestrial orchids and carnivorous
plants.

Nick
--

"Shell91" wrote in message

digy.com...
Hi
Helps a lot. I got this on eBay supposedly from a farmer who had

several
hundred for sale. I will have to go to Lowe's and get some peat sand to

pot
it in and stick it in the fridge I think it's Cypripedium acaule

going
by the picture in the auction add.

Shell

"Myrmecodia" wrote in message
moss and coarse acidic sand. You can purchase the peat moss sand from
Lowes or Home Despot