Old 23-09-2003, 02:46 AM
Ðãve M. Picklyk

Default Red Lotus moving in the tank

I don't know much about Red Lotus. However, I keep a 15 gallon tank & 48
gallon tank and would certainly forbid anyone from getting amazons for it.
These suckers can get 3 feet tall with proper lighting, ferts and
C02...they'd overcrowd a 10 gallon in minutes. Plus the leaves get so huge
that proper aquascaping is difficult for mingling other species in an
esthetic manner. I'd go with the java fern, and yes---anubias and crypts. No
plant out-competes algae like stem plants. Especially ones like Dwarf
hygrophila (Hygrophila polysperma) or the red ludwigia (ludwigia mulertii).
Water sprite is excellent as well.

www.picklyk.com/aquascape

"Artur" wrote in message
om...

By the way, which plants would you also put in a 10 gallon tank? I
don't want these long stam plants as they get tangled and they look a
mess. Is a couple of Amazon swords ok? Maybe a couple of crypts and
anubias? I don't want algea boom...so far stam plants took most of the
ingredients, but once they are somewhat gone...which plants are hungry
easters of micro mutriets? Please advise on both issues.

Thanks,

Artur