Old 23-09-2003, 03:10 AM
Ted

Default Seeking recommendations/opinions on pump choices

I have a sequence pump. Cant say I noticed much difference on my electric
bill....if you look, the wattage on the pump is about the same as burning
two lightbulbs all month...
I bought my pump through azponds.com and they also have a filter priming pot
I used on the intake. It is easy to prime that way and to clean.
I also used a rubbermaid container to install my pump in. I will try to
update some pictures of it on my website as I have changed the setup a
little and added couplers and bulkhead fittings but you can still get the
jist of it...

Lisa
http://community.webshots.com/user/ldziedzic2001

"Robert Neary" wrote in message
et...
I'm considering a pond pump replacement and I would like some

recommendations.

I currently have a Beckett submersible which delivers 1200 gallons per

hour
through my UV, filtration system and waterfall. Head height is about 4 ft,
pond size is small at 600 gallons.

I am would like to get the pump out of the water but it would be above the
water line so I need a self-primer or one with a self-priming basket. I

am
"considering" the Sequence 750 (3600SEQ12) but my MAIN CONCERN is

electricity
usage.. I don't want to be paying a huge electrical bill.

Is this an OK choice for a pump for my pond or are there better choices

out
there for my needs? Recommendations greatly appreciated. - Robert Neary

You can view my current pump/filtration system at:
site: www.nearyonline.com/pond