Old 23-09-2003, 09:03 AM
AusDigi

Default ANOS Spring Show

Thanks for the info. I'd be an electronic member because I am pretty much
paperless and completely digital as it is. I'll enquire on the day.

"Andrew" wrote in message
om...
I'm pretty sure you can join on the day. I presume if you join up on
the day you get in free but you may want to ask at the front desk.
Membership is $24 for singles and families. You can get an electronic
membership for $18 ie. the monthly bulletin is sent as a ~1Mb pdf file
via email instead of in the post. The emailed bulletin is in colour
and arrives around a week earlier than the b&w printed version but you
do need to make sure your account can receive such large files.

A word of advice if you're planning on joining, outside of the monthly
society meetings there are a number of special interest groups within
the society that meet up each month. The terrestrial study group
regularly goes on field trips to see orchids in situ. Given your
interest in observing and photographing orchids, you may get a lot out
of becoming involved with that group. There's no extra cost in
becoming involved in these groups other than personal expenses
(petrol, food, etc). Maybe ask at the desk to be pointed to someone
who could tell you more. Andrew Dilley usually co-ordinates the group
but there should be a number of other people at the show who could
tell you more.