Old 19-09-2003, 02:32 PM
AusDigi

Default ANOS Spring Show

Melbourne, Australia

The Victorian branch of the Australian Native Orchid Society (ANOS) is
having their Spring Show 27 & 28 September. If you are in the Melbourne area
you should pencil it in to your diary. Not being a member, all I know is
what's at the link below. I will be there taking lots of photos as usual,
and posting them in a.b.p.orchids as usual.

http://www.anos.org.au/groups/anosvi...s_calendar.htm

PS. Its Spider and Donkey Orchid time in south-eastern Australia so head
into your nearest forest or reserve and see what you can find.

Old 20-09-2003, 05:22 AM
Bolero

Can I also suggest getting there when the door opens? Things sell out
extremely quickly.

Hey, what do you look like? I might be able to say hello if we are there
are the same time!!!!

See you there.

Old 20-09-2003, 08:32 AM
AusDigi

I'm not a grower, just a nature (including orchid) enthusiast and
photographer. You might see me there, I'll be the extraordinarily handsome
one taking photos. ;-) I sdon't yet know what day i'll be going.

u...

Old 22-09-2003, 06:22 AM
Andrew

"AusDigi" wrote in message u...
I'm not a grower, just a nature (including orchid) enthusiast and
photographer. You might see me there, I'll be the extraordinarily handsome
one taking photos. ;-) I sdon't yet know what day i'll be going.

There is a photography section in the show and a number of members
prefer looking rather than growing so you should fit in with the
crowd.

For more details on the show,
Saturday 27th to Sunday 28th September, open 9am-4pm.
Mt Waverley Community Centre
47 Miller Cresent, Mt Waverley (opposite Mt Waverley train station)
Melway Ref 70 E1
Admission: Adults $4 Concession $3, under 16 and members (wear your
name tag) free.

There's usually a wide variety of terrestrials and epiphytes on
display. The speciosums are going crazy this year so expect to see a
lot on display.

Old 22-09-2003, 08:45 AM
AusDigi

"Andrew" wrote in message
There is a photography section in the show and a number of members
prefer looking rather than growing so you should fit in with the
crowd.

cool

Admission: Adults $4 Concession $3, under 16 and members (wear your
name tag) free.

What if you want to become a member? Do you know if you can do it on the
day?

Old 22-09-2003, 05:22 PM
Andrew

"AusDigi" wrote:

What if you want to become a member? Do you know if you can do it on the
day?

I'm pretty sure you can join on the day. I presume if you join up on
the day you get in free but you may want to ask at the front desk.
Membership is $24 for singles and families. You can get an electronic
membership for $18 ie. the monthly bulletin is sent as a ~1Mb pdf file
via email instead of in the post. The emailed bulletin is in colour
and arrives around a week earlier than the b&w printed version but you
do need to make sure your account can receive such large files.

A word of advice if you're planning on joining, outside of the monthly
society meetings there are a number of special interest groups within
the society that meet up each month. The terrestrial study group
regularly goes on field trips to see orchids in situ. Given your
interest in observing and photographing orchids, you may get a lot out
of becoming involved with that group. There's no extra cost in
becoming involved in these groups other than personal expenses
(petrol, food, etc). Maybe ask at the desk to be pointed to someone
who could tell you more. Andrew Dilley usually co-ordinates the group
but there should be a number of other people at the show who could
tell you more.
Old 23-09-2003, 09:03 AM
AusDigi

Thanks for the info. I'd be an electronic member because I am pretty much
paperless and completely digital as it is. I'll enquire on the day.

"Andrew" wrote in message
om...
[...]

SABE 2004 Spring Bonsai Show Pat Patterson Bonsai 0 25-02-2004 07:42 AM
ANOS Show AusDigi Orchids 2 27-09-2003 04:12 PM
Hampton Court Flower Show: photos from the 2003 show UKStudentLife.com United Kingdom 8 13-07-2003 04:44 AM
Hampton Court Flower Show: photos from the 2003 show UKStudentLife.com Gardening 7 13-07-2003 04:44 AM
Spring Show West Central Floridal Dave Orchids 0 24-03-2003 03:32 AM