Old 23-09-2003, 08:12 PM
Rich Conley

Default can't live with 'em, can't....

A lot of people though, are overwhelmed before they even try. They dont take the
time to just read through the instructions. and sometimes, google can be a
wonderful thing. People ask me what I think of a computer part..and I say I dont
know..they ask if I can find out

pop it into google : reviews tyan monitor. real easy.

My dad is real good like this, but sometimes I have to help my mom and sister.

RIch

Lee Brouillet wrote:

Technology - no matter how simple - just seems to be beyond some folks ;-) !
My hubby has the entertainment system so complicated with different
components plugged into this and that, that I can only do things with it by
"routine": have no idea why it has to be done in that order, it just DOES.
My mother can't program her phone. I don't even OWN a VHS anymore - gave it
up for a DVD (which I *can* figure out!). If your folks are "old world",
they're probably just overwhelmed by it all.

Lee

"Snooze" wrote in message
.net...

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
Hmmmm, keep this story in mind if you ever feel uncomfortable leaving

the
grandkid with them. ;o) My folks got left with 4 horses and never

screwed
up, my dad learn to ride and give shots. So a pond would have been

nothing
for them. ;o) ~ jan

Sometimes i wonder what my parents would do without me. Not to long ago I
was out at a party with some friends, when I get a call from home. I'm
thinking it must be something urgent, so I go outside and take the call.
Nope, it's just dad wanting to know how to turn on the stereo system, so
that only the speakers in the living room are turned on, not the speakers

in
the family room.

Today was just as bad, I was in the library studying for the 3 midterms I
have this week. When my cell phone rings (actually vibrates, on silent
alert) and I see it's my parents, so I pack up my bags, and go outside to
take the call. Important phone call? They're having guests over and wanted
to know how to turn on the garden lights.

Sameer