Old 23-09-2003, 09:02 PM
Dan Drake

Default Red Lotus moving in the tank

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 01:38:59 UTC, "Ðãve M. Picklyk"
wrote:

No
plant out-competes algae like stem plants. Especially ones like Dwarf
hygrophila (Hygrophila polysperma) or the red ludwigia (ludwigia mulertii).

What sort of lighting are we talking about here? When I remade my 55
recently with splendid substrate and water conditions and CO2 regulation
and 4 watts/gallon in the relevant part of the tank, I tried Ludwigia, and
it doesn't grow fast enough to be useful.

Come to think of it, though, this "red Ludwigia" is probably L repens. Is
L mulertii a lot better?

--

http://www.dandrake.com/

In the days after September 11, Yahoo searches for Nostradamus
outnumbered those for Osama bin Laden and Sex, combined.