Old 24-09-2003, 02:22 AM
Alan Walker

Default [IBC] FW: [IBC] science fair

I would like all of you to please help me think of a science fair project
that I could do. I want to do something that is related to bonsai, because I love
bonsai so much. I was thinking on the line like the philosophy of bonsai, or
something on that line. But I appreciate every idea that you guys can come up.
Thanks, Luc Tran Zone: 8b
========
OK, hypothesis: Bonsai styles are affected by the culture of the people
doing the Bonsai. You could look at the Chinese tradition, called Penjing, and the
Japanese, Bonsai. You could tie the Chinese tradition to Buddism/Taoism and the
Japanese to Shintoism.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast
=======
writes:
Yikes Billy !!
Is this a science project or a doctoral thesis !!!
Mark Hill
===
"Billy M. Rhodes" wrote:
Many science fair projects develop into doctoral thesis. I don't think
this would be too difficult.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast
===
Luc Tran wanted a science project, but he wanted to make it philosophical.
I think Billy found a way to bridge the gap with an anthropological approach. He
could also throw in the Vietnamese Hon Non Bo to make it even more interesting.
I think it would be more useful, however, to investigate why Japanese maple
leaves burn so easily. Or establish a scientific repudiation of any of a number of
bonsai myths.
Alan Walker, Lake Charles, LA, USA
http://LCBSBonsai.org http://bonsai-bci.com

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++