Old 24-09-2003, 03:42 AM
animaux

Default Cannas

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:16:48 -0400, "Jim Schott" opined:

Here's a question about cannas: in SE Michigan, it's necessary to dig up
the tubers each fall and store them from the winter cold (about 50-60F). In
the spring the tubers are replanted and the cycle repeats itself. My
question is whether skipping a season will render the cannas dead. I
basically ran out of time this spring and didn't plant my cannas. Does
anyone know if they will grow if I plant them next spring? Thanks!

Jim

If you scratch them and see green, try it out. Take a few and soak them in warm
water to see if they swell, if they do, they are okay. If they are not, contact
me in spring and I will send you some cannas. I have 'Pretoria' 'Tropicana'
'Striped Beauty' and yellow with plain green foliage.

I always have some to give away.

Victoria