Old 24-09-2003, 04:32 AM
Starlord

Default Cannas

http://home.inreach.com/starlord/canna/

--
"In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening
But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning
lingered: and along the path he once had followed, man would one day go
again."

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Freelance Writers Shop
http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord

"animaux" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:16:48 -0400, "Jim Schott"

opined:

Here's a question about cannas: in SE Michigan, it's necessary to dig up
the tubers each fall and store them from the winter cold (about 50-60F). In
the spring the tubers are replanted and the cycle repeats itself. My
question is whether skipping a season will render the cannas dead. I
basically ran out of time this spring and didn't plant my cannas. Does
anyone know if they will grow if I plant them next spring? Thanks!

Jim

If you scratch them and see green, try it out. Take a few and soak them in

warm
water to see if they swell, if they do, they are okay. If they are not,

contact
me in spring and I will send you some cannas. I have 'Pretoria' 'Tropicana'
'Striped Beauty' and yellow with plain green foliage.

I always have some to give away.

Victoria

---