Old 24-09-2003, 07:22 AM

Default ATTN MADGARDENER! my most sincere apologies

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:28:52 -0400, peri wrote:

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 00:19:22 -0400, "Madgardener"
wrote:

I have to "mess with Outlook Express" because I have Windows XP professional
and the e-mail program, Outlook that can handle the massive e-mails does
fine but doesn't allow me to use it for going to the newsgroup. -

------------------------------------------------------snip--------------------------------

Outlook is fine for email, so long as you have the patches & etc in
place. For newsgroups, why don't you try FreeAgent? The price is
right if you can put up with the ads, and it seems to be a much better
newsreader that OE. Agent also does email, but I don't know how well
since I have'nt tried it.

I have used Agent for many years, and am well satisfied. It is a
powerful and elegant newsreader and email client. Very versatile
and flexible. People on the Agent newsgroup are helpful.

For the lousy $29 I paid years ago, I have received several upgrades
and lots of good advice, so I would advise anyone interested not
to bother with Free Agent, but to d/l the 30-day trial of real Agent,
if this pitch doesn't convince you to buy it immediately g.
BTW, there are NO ads on real Agent.

I never mess with OE unless Netscape is on the blink and I need
to surf the Web. I certainly would NEVER use that "leaky" system
for email or anything else I didn't want "harvested"!

--

Persephone

For your convenience, http://www.forteinc.com/agent/index.php