Old 24-09-2003, 06:32 PM
fantayzya

Default Simply Marvelous Lives!

Wow! that's gorgeous! I'll have to do some checking around to be sure it
stands a chance here. The little bit of checking I did lead me to believe
it's like me and doesn't like the cold (that's why I stay in MI lol.) Shur
is purty though and if it has good scent, it's pretty much everything I
could want in a rose, cept the cold thing that is. Thanks for the idea!

"Shiva" wrote in message
s.com...
On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 06:57:32 -0400, "fantayzya"
wrote:

Hiya,

I put this rose in this past spring as well and it's been considerably

less
than impressive for me too. Yes, the blooms have been itty bitty and

sparse
and the canes are thin and wimpy too.

Hmm. I notices that about the canes, too. I thought it was just my
poor cultivation until I saw the blooms, which were actually
commensurate to the canes.

I'm not sure why, though admittedly
my garden hasn't been babied as much this year (I got hurt at work early

on
and wasn't able to, still not completely up to speed)

Sorry about your injury. I wish I had a reason half that good for
neglecting my roses this year. It just rained way too much, then
canker and dead bare roots and vole damage were so disheartening I
didn't bother.

I've decided to let
it stay as this is just the first summer, but of the roses I put in this
year, this one is my least favorite. From the pics and reports I had

seen
prior, I sure wouldn't have expected that to be the case.

Me either. Listen--have you seen Royal Amethyst? This one shows all
the signs of great natural vigor--and has good-sized, super fragrant
deep mauve blooms with nice form. Even under poor condtions it
continued to bloom its heart out. I love it.

"Shiva" wrote in message
ws.com...
I really thought it was dead, but no, it has three blooms! Problem is,
they are tiny, literally miniature-sized.

Anyone else growing this, and if so, are the blooms small?