Old 24-09-2003, 08:22 PM
Me

Default little flies

"Valkyrie" wrote in message
news:1064367563.277219@yasure...
They are probably those little fungus gnats that like that wet soil in

your
plant pots. I was told long ago by an orchid guru to sprinkle cinnamon on
the surface of the soil and they disappear. I don't know if it kills them

or
drives them away but it works for me when I occasionally get an

infestation
of these critters.

Val

You know I was thinking on trying the cinnamon, we used that for ants and
worked pretty good....couldnt hurt and would make the house smell good

was told too that maybe sterilizing the dirt by baking it would kill all the
flies and eggs if any....anyone hear of doing that? I would think it would
cook out the nutrients from the dirt.

Thank you for the great suggestion
Shel