Old 24-09-2003, 08:22 PM
kevin bailey

Default [IBC] Satsuki Help Needed

Never collected large Satsuki myself, you lucky *********! I doubt they
are going to be much different to many other broadleaved shrubs other
than in their need for an acidic mix.

I have lifted smaller Satsuki that have been grown on in the garden for
a few years but I did this at the right time, spring.

That said, a rescue of something like this is too good to pass up and I
would recommend shade, regular misting and protection from wind. If you
are likely to be getting frosts anytime soon then some protection from
that would be helpful too. Avoid keeping the roots too wet. Water them
just the once and then let them get a little on the dry side so the
roots are hopefully prompted into going looking for water.

Most of all, good luck!

Cheers

Kev Bailey
Vale Of Clwyd, North Wales