Old 24-09-2003, 10:17 PM
kevin kevin is offline
Hobby Gardener

Location: Harrow, Middx
Default Bean seed question

This is posted on behalf of Paul.

Hello!

This year, for the first time, I grew both French Beans and Runner Beans, the seeds having been given to me by a friend - which he had left over in two packets.

The packets have since disappeared - but the beans were VERY successful and we are still enjoying my dual - crop. However - I would like to try and grow next year from MY BEANS which I have harvested for some months.

Can you tell me the 'golden' rules of growing beans from my own seeds?

One mistake I did make was to mix the seeds when I planted them and the 'wigwams' had interwoven beans mixed together. Nevertheless, I have been watering them well and reaped the super harvest regularly. I would love to be able to say that I used MY OWN seeds for next year.

I hope you don't mind me bothering you - but would greatly appreciate your help - incidentally, so would my grandchildren, in particular Lara, who have devoured kilos of the beans after picking them for us.