Old 25-09-2003, 01:02 AM
Bill G

Default Good source for Perlite?

"Jan Flora" wrote in message
In article , "Jim Caldwell"
wrote:
http://www.perlite.com/ This one is on the west coast but should be able

to give other names Bill G
I need lots of Perlite (Pearlite) for starting Plumeria cuttings.

Problem
is, at the local nursery I had to pay $5.00 for an 8-quart bag of the

stuff.
That is maybe at most enough for four 1 gal pots. It being light as a
feather (hence not too expensive to ship), I am thinking maybe some

internet
supplier has it for a lot less. I did a search on "gardening supplies
perlite" but did not find an internet store with perlite.

Is there a nursery in your area where the commercial nurserymen
shop? My mom was a commercial grower and she shopped for supplies
like that at a place that did wholesale and retail sales, but that was in
San Francisco. I think you need to find a place that does wholesale sales,
to find perlite in larger quantities, for a reasonable price. Look in your
yellow pages.

Jan