Old 25-09-2003, 11:07 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Bonsai recommendations

In a message dated 9/25/2003 4:53:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

I live in Gauteng - South Africa.I was wondering if anyone could give me
some recommendations of where to get tree seeds,seedlings or nursery stock
in my area.

There are a lot of books out there that discuss bonsai and show/list
trees. Get a book, find some tree ideas found in SA and go hunting. The great
Bonsai are collected from the wild and many of the Ficus (fig) species make
good bonsai. There should be a lot a wild sources. Look at mowed areas by
roadsides. Check with local authorities before you dig anything to make sure you
will not be arrested.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --