Old 25-09-2003, 11:32 AM
Shiva

Default Simply Marvelous Lives!

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:29:25 -0400, "fantayzya"
wrote:

Wow! that's gorgeous! I'll have to do some checking around to be sure it
stands a chance here. The little bit of checking I did lead me to believe
it's like me and doesn't like the cold (that's why I stay in MI lol.) Shur
is purty though and if it has good scent, it's pretty much everything I
could want in a rose, cept the cold thing that is. Thanks for the idea!

I missed that you are in MI--I guess this means that your mileage may
vary quite a bit, so I shouldn't make recommendations. But for what it
is worth, I have been in search of the perfect Mauve for a while, and
this one is the best yet. HOWEVER--I had high hopes for Melodee
Parfumee, which died as a bare root before even one bloom, so I sure
cannot comment on that one. Barbra Streisand was GORGEOUS and really
fragrant, a big, beautiful "meaty" rose ("good substance" as they say)
that really muscled out the blooms before it succumbed to canker. I
would try that one again. Blue Nile, which went the way of Barbra, was
also gorgeous but paler, along the lines of Lagerfeld and Sterling
Silver. It had a distinct wimpiness about it that told me it was
definitely kin to these, and it is. Are you growing any other mauves?